According to Ride Responsibly and the National Limousine Association (NLA), “91% of Americans feel there should be mandatory rules/regulations for ride-hailing app drivers.” Unfortunately, while many feel that way, that is not necessarily the case. There are no mandatory regulations shared between Uber, Lyft, and other ride-sharing mobile applications. The rules vary by service. That is especially disturbing when the passenger isn’t just you, but your team of employees.
These inconsistencies make a strong case not to rely on ride-sharing apps that may compromise the safety and health of your staff. What is the best alternative?
Luxury car services, like executive transportation and executive limo services, have the standard of care you are looking for. You can rely on luxury car services to keep your employees safe at all times, including in the midst of the global pandemic.
Here are a few ways they are adjusting their services right now, and a few things you can to do help.
Luxury Car Services Amp Up Safety Measures
A luxury car service can take several different forms. Luxury car services may transport passengers by limousine, luxury sedan, luxury SUV, executive van, minibus, or coach bus. Here are a few ways luxury car services are working to ensure your safety during this time:
- Thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing vehicles before and after each trip.
- Car services enforce COVID-19 sick leave policies. Employees must stay home if they exhibit any symptoms. They are strongly encouraged to get tested if their symptoms persist for more than a few days, and employees will not return to work until after the necessary isolation period should they test positive.
- Services personally screen employees. Employees are thoroughly screened for symptoms. Staff members take drivers’ temperatures when they arrive at work.
- Employees wear gloves and masks while on-the-job. They wash their hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
What Your Employees Can Do
Of course, while car services are taking due precautions and doing all they can to keep you safe, it behooves your employees to do their part, too.
Any other year, limousines average 105 trips every week. These numbers are much lower in the midst of the coronavirus, but that does not mean that your employees should be careless. To keep employees safe and do your part, consider the following:
- Wear masks! “COVID-19 can be spread by people who do not have symptoms and do not know that they are infected. That’s why it’s important for everyone to wear masks in public settings,” the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) writes. Ask all employees to wear masks and ensure they are wearing them properly. Removing the mask or pulling it down under your chin to talk renders it ineffective as does wearing masks under your nose.
- Keep groups small and practice social distancing. For the time being, small groups are best. Opt for luxury sedan or luxury SUV services, or rent a limo for just a small group of employees and remind them to remind to remain at least six feet apart and wear a mask whenever social distancing is not possible.
- Keep transportation necessary. Ask why you are providing group transportation for employees. Are they attending mandatory safety training? Is it essential for them to attend this particular event or meeting in-person? Are you providing transport to and from a hotel? Whatever the case may be, weigh the pros and cons and keep trips limited to what is truly necessary.
Uber, Lyft, and taxi services are not governed by any strict, industry-wide standards, rendering them careless and possibly dangerous. Luxury car services are a safer, more sanitary alternative — and one your employees will thank you for, too. Contact car services about necessary trips, and encourage your employees to do their part to stay safe.